Meg Maher Pierce grew up in Buffalo, NY. A graduate of the College of New Rochelle, she went on to gain a Masters in Art and Art Education from Columbia University, NY, NY and a MFA in Painting from Pratt Institute, Brooklyn. She was a teacher of art the Herricks Schools, New Hyde Park, on Long Island from 1969-2001. Her latest work has been with hand stitching, mixed media, installations, collage and painting featuring vintage fiber, silk flowers, leaves and found objects.
Residencies and Awards
- Jentel Foundation/ WY/ Residency Sept 2022
- Hambidge Center for the Arts/ GA Residency Sept 2019
- Tyrone Guthrie Centre/ Ireland /Residency June 2018
- Weir Farm National Historic Site/ CT Residency April 2017
- Hambidge Center for the Arts/ GA Residency Sept 2016
- Brush Creek Foundation for the Arts/ WY Residency January 2016
- Millay Colony for the Arts/ NY Residency September 2014
- Weir Farm/ CT: Artist in Residence, February 2012
- Florida Artists Group Elizabeth Morse Genius Foundation Award Jan 2010
- John Ringling Towers (Sarasota FL) Individual Artist Award: Visual Art 2010
- Hermitage Artist Retreat/Fine Art Society of Sarasota FL Residency 2010
She has shown recently at Olivet Nazarene University Bourbonnais, IL, Florida Craftart St Petersburg, SPAACES Sarasota FL, Gaze Modern, Sarasota,FL, Weir Farm Wilton, CT, 621 Gallery Tallahassee, FL, Selby Gallery, Ringling College of Art & Design, Sarasota, FL, Harmony Gallery, Sarasota, FL and Art Center Sarasota, FL.